Windermere, Ambleside & District Angling Association (WADAA Ltd) is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of its members. The Association Officer is the Data Controller for WADAA and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing all membership data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
How we will use your Data and what it is used for
- Windermere, Ambleside & District Angling Association (WADAA Ltd) will only store your information to ensure that accurate membership records are maintained.
- To be a member of WADAA Ltd, individuals will need to consent to the Association holding their personal details, solely for the purpose of maintaining membership records, we will need to keep the following details:
- Title, Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, Email address, Car registration number and Age or date of birth for anyone under 16 years of age.
- All membership information will be held and used solely by WADAA Ltd and will not be passed on to any third party.
Keeping our records up to date
Members are required to advise WADAA Ltd immediately of any changes to their personal information, to ensure that the information we hold is correct. Please ensure you email email@example.com immediately or send changes to WADAA, Joanne Atkinson, 38 Yealand Road, Yealand Conyers, Carnforth, LA5 9SJ
Under 16’s – Junior Members
- WADAA Ltd is required to identify those members under the age of 16. Therefore, with immediate effect we will store the date of birth of those members who are under 16 years of age, until the 31st March following their 16th birthday.
- We will retain contact details for the parent/guardian of the junior member, on the instructions/agreement of the parent/guardian at application or renewal. This can be amended to the junior with the paper/email permission of the parent/guardian.
- How long will we keep your Data
- Current members, WADAA Ltd will keep your details on our current membership list.
- Upon resignation, we will keep membership details for 5 years.
- Previous years membership list will be retained for 5 years.
- Day ticket permits sales will be deleted at the end of each year.
Removal of Personal Data
The Association Officer will remove any personal data when an individual request is received in writing.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to Joanne Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our membership list is used for:
- Delivering information by Newsletter or email
- Contacting members about meetings
- Ensuring our membership records are up to date
- We don’t supply or trade membership lists with other organisations and businesses.
- We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver information to our members as necessary. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by emailing the Association Officer at email@example.com.
- When you purchase your membership or day tickets through the WADAA Ltd website online, your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our Online shop. We will not share sensitive information or your payment details.
- Our local outlets that sell Day Tickets, retain our copy of the Day Ticket, which includes your name, postcode and vehicle registration until these are collected by the WADAA Ltd official and then kept for a period of 7 years, for accounting purposes.
- To buy day tickets in person from one of our agents, please see our website day tickets page.
- Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
- We comply with the Data Protection Act 2018, and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR)
- The policy was last reviewed July 2019.
- The policy will next be reviewed in August 2023.